Classified Sales Manager
The ideal candidate thrives in a call center environment where outbound calling for new business is a priority. Our Classified Sales Manager will lead a team of 6-8 inside sales professionals who handle our robust Legal category as well as Recruitment, Private Party, Obits and Inside Retail Directories pages and directories in our print, digital and magazine products. This important leadership position in the Advertising Division at APG Chesapeake has an overall revenue responsibility in 2021 of 3 million dollars. Must be able to motivate and develop inside sellers in a positive environment that is highly engaged in the sales process to increase advertiser count and revenue from new prospects. Must have a strong work ethic, lead by example and is creative with new projects and programs to increase the overall team revenue over their budgeted goal.
- This position will manage and lead our overall Digital and Print Classified Sales Strategy in Legals, Recruitment, Obits, Private Party and Inside Retail for all of our products.
- This position will assist with the annual budget development and weekly ad pacing reports.
- Developing our inside Classified sales team to exceed monthly revenue goals.
- Develop and implement daily outbound call volume metrics.
- This position will rely extensively on your experience and judgement to plan, develop and achieve monthly sales goals.
- This position creates new revenue opportunities in digital, print and magazine products.
- This position will provide vacation and illness relief for their direct reports.
- A minimum of 5+ years of inside sales related experience.
- At minimum of 3+ years of Classified or Inside Sales Management experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook/Thunderbird required. Ability to learn other relevant software programs and teach direct reports is paramount. Recruitology, Memoriam and Column platform experience preferred but not necessary
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.