Customer Relations Outfitter 1CABELA'S /NORTH PLATTE
Customer Relations Outfitter 1
North Platte, NE (Call Center)
- The Cabela's Contact Center in North Platte, NE is hiring for Full and Part time customer service oriented outfitters. Must be available to work afternoon/evenings and work either Saturday or Sunday.
This position is responsible for answering incoming calls and assisting customers in placing orders, checking item availability, offering add on sale items, answering questions and entering catalog requests. This position strives to build friendly, professional interactions with customers by listening and responding appropriately to customers’ needs and delivering a lasting and legendary impression. The focus is on creating customer satisfaction and utilizes values based decision making to assist customers with previous order questions and basic customer service issues. Transfers customers to appropriate support departments for assistance and may be selected to make Outbound calls to customers. May use multiple contact methods to assist customers, including, but not limited to, chat, email and telephone.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers incoming customer calls and assists in placing merchandise orders, checking merchandise availability and sending catalogs, using computer system. Transfers callers as required to appropriate departments. Outfitter is empowered and encouraged to use training and desktop resources to be able to assist customer at first point of contact, including cabelas.com and intranet links.
- Generates additional revenue by making effective outfitting sales offers, including add-on accessories/specials/CLUB, offering ISP shipping and/or upgraded shipping options. Capitalizes on all opportunities to secure a sale.
- Updates profile changes to customer accounts to meet customer needs or indicate special internal processing requirements, such as correspondence preferences, shipping preferences, stop catalogs, etc.
- Applies knowledgebase solutions to complete orders, communicate necessary information to internal departments or to capture the voice of the customer. Case types include: proof of purchase, request for a return label or call tag. Supports multi-channel customers by answering retail calls, assisting with Internet registration, exchange/return instructions, basic billing questions, including declined credit cards and retail inventory. Updates and checks catalog history and adds restrictions to meet customer needs.
- Assists customers with orders in new status, order changes due to back ordered merchandise and may utilize order holds to change or cancel printed orders. Maintains customer profile information as needed in situations requiring special internal processing, correspondence preferences, shipping preferences, customer holds or stopping catalogs.
- Attends coaching and training sessions to improve performance and completes other related duties as assigned by management. Signs on/off teleset and computer system using appropriate codes and sequences
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of customer relations’ practices, guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of products and catalog layout.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skills in operating computer and telephone systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to negotiate appropriately in the best interest of the company and the customer. Uses negotiation techniques to create “win-win” situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively function as a positive and dependable team player.
- Ability to pass required test.
- Ability to achieve and maintain quality standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be 17 years of age and have the equivalent of an 11th grade education.
- Seeing: Must be able to read documents, printouts, computer screens, and other forms of communication - 75% - 100% of time
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers - 75% - 100% of time
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system: - 75% - 100% of time
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 0 -24% of time
- Lifting/Pullling/Pushing: 0 -24% of time
- Standing/Walking: 0 -24% of time
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Job involves sitting most of the time and if walking and standing is required, only occasionally.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.