DISTRICT ADMINISTRATORCALWA RECREATION & PARK DISTRICT
Ideal Candidates will have
- principles of effective customer service
- Modern Office equipment including personal computers
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- basic record keeping practices
- Alphabetical and numerical filing methods
- Basic use of quick books
- effective techniques for speaking before groups
- principles and practices of public fiscal administration, budgetary control and organizational management
- Basic knowledge of California's Labor laws
- Organizational and time management methods
- Basic Grant writing
- Bilingual in Spanish, must be able to communicate effectively in Spanish
Skills and abilities to:
- prepare program budgets, monitor expenditures, staffing and operation, forecast cost projections
- Advise Board on issues regarding fiscal accountability, budgeting, policies, and procedures
- Prepare clear and concise comprehensive reports, summaries, abstracts correspondence and other documentation
- Research, gather and analyze data, and make recommendations on complex issues, proposal and projects.
- Learn and apply state and local laws, ordinance, rules and regulations
- Display a high degree of initiative, maturity, integrity and good judgement
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Effectively manage multiple work assignments, set priorities, and meet established deadlines
District Administrator expectations and samples of duties
Assists and advises the Board of Directors in formulating policies and basic procedures governing the work of the park district and in putting them into effect.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the day-to-day activities of the District under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Plans, cares for and manages areas and facilities
- Directs policies for the operation, maintenance and the development of various programs
- Determine the activities and services to be provided by the district and plan the program
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes, administers the annual budget and supervises the keeping of departmental records and reports
- initiates necessary repairs, planting and other general districts improvements.
- Conduct research and special studies related to the work of the districts needs
- Interprets the program to the public and inform them as to the Districts objectives and activities
- Cooperates with local agencies in developing plans to meet leisure time needs
- Recruits, selects, trains, orients and evaluates District staff.
- Carry out disciplinary actions for all Districts employees.
- Develops and conducts safety precautions, including Cal-OSHA requirements
Possession of a bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Economics or a closely related field that is acceptable within the United States' and it must be from a accredited college or university system.
Possession of an AA or AS degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Economics or a closely related field that is acceptable within the United States' and it must be from a accredited college or university system. And two years of Experience working in a parks and recreation setting.
Five years of experience working in a park and recreation settings or a closely related field with at least two years of that experience supervising and directing staff.
License: Possession of a valid driver's license is required
Other: Bilingual in Spanish, must be able to communicate effectively in Spanish