Journeyman Paintercentral michigan university
A Journeyman Painter at CMU performs skilled work in the painting of University buildings, facilities, and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Paints University buildings, facilities and equipment.
- Estimates paint and other materials needed for each job.
- Orders and prepares the necessary supplies for each job.
- Mixes paint to specifications.
- Keeps necessary records as required.
- Works from scaffolding and ladders.
- Wallpapers as required.
- Education is equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade and a Journeyman Certification from the US Department of Labor.
- Possession of a valid Michigan Operator’s License.
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and/or interpret oral or written directions.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity for all individuals, irrespective of gender identity or sexual orientation and including but not limited to minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.