City of Blaine
Part-time Office Specialist
Salary Range: $22.76 - $27.59 per hour - This is a non-benefited, part-time position.
Applications are being accepted for a part-time, non-benefited Office Specialist in the City Clerk's Office. The Office Specialist performs a variety of complex and diverse clerical and administrative functions to support the City Clerk and general City operations. Activities typically include document coordination, processing, and scanning, coordinating cemetery information requests and sales, updating the City website, and processing customer requests. This position will receive specialized training and possible certifications to fulfill support duties.
Deadline for applying is 4:30pm, Friday, August 7, 2020.
The City of Blaine is an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of administrative experience required. Local government experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year of records and archiving experience at the government level preferred.
- Equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance at the time of hire for work-related travel. (Driving record must be free of any significant moving violations).
- Must be licensed as a notary public in the State of Washington, or obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Must pass required background checks appropriate for the position.
- Public Records Act training (within six months of hire).
- Open Public Meetings Act training (within six months of hire).