The City of Cloverdale, CA is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic person to fill its Office Specialist position. The ideal candidate will have exceptional clerical skills and a strong desire to provide superior service to both internal and external customers. Cloverdale has worked hard at developing a high-performing organization, and employs the use of best practices. We are
continuing to build a workforce based upon loyalty, accountability, and professionalism.
We place a high value on customer service, and take a team-oriented, collaborative approach to the way we do business. If working for a fast paced, evolving organization appeals to you, and you desire a work environment that is intellectually stimulating, respectful, and rewarding, we urge you to complete an application.
About the Position:
The Office Specialist is an entry level position providing customer service at the front counter of City Hall, primarily for our Water, Sewer, and Building Department customers. The Office Specialist performs a variety of accounting and administrative tasks including the collection of Utility fees applications for utility service, selling bus passes, data entry, typing, filing, copying,
answering questions from the public in person and on the telephone, and other clerical support duties as assigned. Bi-lingual English/Spanish is highly desirable.
Selected Examples of Duties:
• Performs clerical duties in support of an assigned function, including typing, copying, and faxing a number of documents; assists the public with questions; answers and refers complaints to the correct department or agency.
• Answers the telephone and provides information; directs the public to the appropriate department; responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provides proper documents and resource references as required.
• Assists the public in matters regarding water/sewage problems, payments and utility start-up and shut-offs; assists in the collection of utility fees.
• Prepares a variety of documents and forms, including general correspondence, reports, orders, agenda packet materials, and memoranda.
• May assist in various special assignments, including tracking of business licenses, utility billing data entry, selling of bus passes, etc.
• Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies, City management and staff and the public
• Hourly Rate: $19.04 - $23.14
• Total compensation includes generous health benefits, leave accruals and retirement.
• The Office Specialist is a represented, FLSA non-exempt position.
The qualifications of each applicant, as set forth in the application, will be reviewed by a screening committee. A limited number of qualified applicants possessing the most desirable qualifications may be invited to participate in the subsequent phase of the evaluation process which is the oral interview.
Note: Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process.
Cloverdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer