Superintendent of Facilities Management
City of Newport Newport, RI Full-time Management
Posted on May 11, 2023
We are seeking an independent & experienced manager to develop & oversee programs to ensure proper maintenance/safety of all City/School owned buildings promoting efficiency & longevity of facilities.
Salary Range: $37.08-$52.82 hourly.
Experience: 5 – 10 yrs. exp. in facilities management and budgetary skills required.
- Develops & maintains a multi-year capital improvement plan & maintenance
program for all municipal & school facilities; oversees execution of approved
projects & implements a system to prioritize maintenance projects.
- Oversees all municipal & school construction projects, including any approved
new school or repair projects. Attends evening meetings related to any general
government or school construction projects.
- Oversees properties owned by the municipality but leased to private entities;
manages the disposition of such properties whether by lease or sale.
- Assumes responsibility for the comprehensive overall planning & scheduling &
monitoring of maintenance & repair requirements of municipal & school
- Establishes appropriate preventive maintenance plans & schedules, security
systems & procedures, & custodial requirements for each building & installation.
- Develops data regarding building maintenance costs, energy utilization, & more to
facilitate informed budgeting & decision-making regarding operations.
- Directs the maintenance of all buildings as to cleanliness & safety.
- Tours buildings & meets regularly with city & school personnel to ensure service
level is adequate.
- Ensures that standards consistent with all applicable laws are maintained at a
minimum; establishes environmental compliance programs in accordance local,
state & federal environmental compliance regulations.
- Determines & establishes detailed bid & quote specifications pertaining to
purchase of supplies, materials, equipment, & contract work; oversees the
acquisition, storage & issuance of all custodian & maintenance materials, supplies
- Responsible for the purchase, utilization & control of all forms of energy used in
municipal & school buildings.
Please click "Apply Now" for more information.
Apply to HR Director, City Hall, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI by 5/31/2023. EOE/AA