Executive Office and Administrative Specialist #335295Cloquet Forestry Center
Sustainable Forests Education Cooperative
University of Minnesota at the Cloquet Forestry Center. 50% Part time appointment.
- High school diploma/GED plus four years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design and edit complex documents using InDesign or similar software.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to manage a complex Access database including modifying the database, developing and modifying reports, and updating data.
- Experience maintaining and updating websites.
- Advanced ability with standard document editing and management software including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Experience with UMN-supported web-based content and learning management systems,
- Currently Drupal and Canvas, respectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with an adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience managing unusual and challenging inquiries.
- Experience with event planning, logistics, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member or independently as required.
About the job
This is a 50% time position, annually renewable for 20 hours per week, based at the University of Minnesota’s Cloquet Forestry Center. The position does sometimes require working flexible hours and may include a few nights per year of overnight travel.
40% - Event Planning and Project Management
- Coordinate event planning including transportation, printing and assembly of handouts, catering, online registration, and related items for SFEC events.
- Maintain and update websites on the U’s Drupal platform including SFEC’s website and the Great Lakes Silviculture Library.
- Support the SFEC manager to coordinate sponsored projects and ensure timely and complete grant project administration and reporting.
40% - Forest Stewardship Plan Pre-parer Database
- Manage the Continuing Forestry Education credit database for approved Forest Stewardship Plan Preparers. This includes making necessary changes to Microsoft Access database content and structure to facilitate reporting as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for resource managers seeking or maintaining status as approved Forest Stewardship Plan preparers. Make judgments about appropriateness of continuing education credit requests.
- Record and regularly report on Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits for Forest Stewardship Program Approved Plan Preparers. This task includes complex document merge and design steps.
20% - Communications
- Copy edit and publish SFEC email newsletters and other communications using content largely provided by SFEC manager and coordinator.
- Use InDesign or similar software to design and update print communication pieces including complex event handout packets, and event calendars for printing and mailing.
- Ensure appropriate use of UMN branding and communications standards in SFEC communications including SFEC website and event pages, Great Lakes Silviculture Library, course websites, and printed materials. Work with the SFEC manager to ensure appropriate content in these communications.
Enter Job ID in keyword search: 335295
For full consideration apply before 2/24/2020. We will begin to review applicant the week of 2/24/2020.