Customer Service Representative
Earn a $2,000 new hire bonus just for starting with us!*
Consumer Cellular and You
Consumer Cellular only succeeds when its people do: because it’s our people who move us forward. That’s not some cliché - You are the voice of the company. Our customers rely on people like You to help them. It’s through your positive interactions with them that we grow, and we make sure our people grow with us. We have a serious promote-from-within culture, great training, and a focus on culture. We’ll support you with comprehensive benefits, pay, and colleagues you’ll quickly come to call friends.
We’d love the chance to get to know you better and see if we’re a match. We sure hope so!
As a Customer Service Representative, this is where your journey as a Customer Service Professional continues to grow. Joining Consumer Cellular means becoming part of a world-class customer focused wireless service. We believe in empowerment - it’s for you and for our customers. We’re all about the freedom to build your success. In this role, you’ll provide customer service of the highest level, empowered to serve our customers through a variety of means. You’ll be given the opportunities to display your skills and continue working on advancing your career throughout our organization. Our customers rely on you, our CSRs, to help them navigate through sometimes complex situations with your combination of empathy, understanding, and know-how.
Working with a team of world-class customer service professionals, you will help your clients with the support they need.
• Help others: You will have the opportunity to make the lives of others a bit easier.
• Develop your skills: Consumer Cellular is all about development. We’ll make sure your career keeps growing.
• Work remote or in the contact center to deliver a world-class experience for Consumer Cellular customers during every interaction.
• Reliable transportation to commute to office, as needed.
• Answer inbound calls from customers looking for help.
• “Right Fit” Consumer Cellular services and products that best meet the customer’s needs.
• Translate techno-lingo into real-world terms.
• Provide personalized customer service by establishing rapport and present a positive, friendly attitude.
The Skills You Bring
As an experienced Senior Customer Service Professional, you’ve walked the walk and talked the talk and we value your experience. That said, there are a few skills that will help you get off to a quicker start:
• Minimum 3 years of work experience with a minimum 1 year of customer service experience in a customer-facing environment involving account maintenance, troubleshooting or device support.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cable, telecom, or wireless companies.
• Work experience with Microsoft Office and other business-related applications in a work environment.
• A dedication to delivering exceptional customer service - you are a helper.
• People-focused: committed to teamwork, resolving conflicts productively, and developing long-term relationships.
• You bring a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency.
• Pre-employment background check, employment history verification, and drug screen required.
How We’ll Have Your Back
Consumer Cellular’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay, and our total compensation is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
• Competitive starting wage + shift differential and paid training
• Potential for Overtime
• Potential monthly performance bonus
• Employer subsidized medical, dental & vision coverage
• 401(k) match
• Employee wireless rate plan
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
• Employee rewards program
• Group life and AD&D benefits
• Education reimbursement
• Long Term disability
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Consumer Cellular:
Consumer Cellular is a top-rated wireless carrier that provides no-contract cell phones and service plans primarily to those 50+. The company has been an approved AARP Provider for over 12 years and offers AARP members special discounts on service. Founded 25 years ago on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service, Consumer Cellular is privately held with 2000 employees. The Portland, Ore.-based company utilizes the nation's largest voice and data networks, which covers 99 percent of the U.S. population. Consumer Cellular's wireless phones and plans are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Target, as well as directly to consumers. The company has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list for 11 years in a row. For J.D. Power 2021 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards. For cellphone tutorials, features, applications and company news, connect with Consumer Cellular on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Click Apply to submit your information today!