THRIFT STORE AIDE
THRIFT STORE AIDE
Crossroads Urban Center, a private, nonprofit agency, employs a Thrift Store Aide to work with other staff and volunteers in our free/low cost Thrift Store (1385 W. Indiana Ave., SLC). The Thrift Store distributes items free of charge to low income households and individuals, sells items at very low cost, and sells other items at prices that enable us to meet operating expenses. This position is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager.
- Manage store as needed, including front counter, cash register, client intake and supervision of volunteers and community service workers.
- Sort donations to the Thrift Store.
- Stock and rotate merchandise on shelves and racks.
- Keep sales area clean and straightened up.
- Routine maintenance/clean up of building as needed.
- General labor.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Thrift Store Manager or Assistant Manager.
- General knowledge of clothing and other retail merchandise.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (50 pound boxes at a minimum).
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Experience serving low-income people.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Experience in retail sales a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently and follow direction without close daily supervision.
- Available to work early evenings and Saturdays.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
WAGE & BENEFITS: Full time, salaried position. Vacation & health benefits. This is a permanent position.
TO APPLY: Resume by Monday, April 26th at 12 noon to Glenn Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347 S. 400 East, SLC, UT 84111.
Crossroads Urban Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer