Visitor Services RepresentativeDi Rosa Center For Contemporary Art
Visitor Services Representative
About di Rosa: di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art presents contemporary exhibitions and educational
programs for all ages and maintains a permanent collection of notable works by artists living or working in
the San Francisco Bay Area from the mid-twentieth century to the present day. A wide range of styles,
media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and freedom to experiment that
characterize this region of California. Protected in perpetuity under the Napa County Land Trust, di Rosa
features multiple galleries, a sculpture park, and a 35-acre lake, all located on 217 scenic acres in Napa
Valley’s famed Carneros region.
The Visitor Services Representative reports to the Visitor Services Manager and is primarily
responsible for providing a welcoming presence and excellent customer service for visitors to di
Rosa. Critical areas of responsibility include collecting admission by using a point-of-sale software
system and providing a general orientation for visitors (including, upon request and as necessary,
rules, site logistics, tour details, and organization information). The position also is charged with
providing sales support for di Rosa’s retail store. Specific responsibilities include the following:
Visitor Services (60%)
- Greet the public entering di Rosa and collect admission using a point-of-sale software system.
- Provide information to the public about their visit.
- Answer general phone and e-mail inquiries, or forward to appropriate persons.
- Provide support and current information to volunteers, such as updates or changes to visitor
- Provide support to Visitor Services Manager with tour reservations as needed.
- Opening and closing of both Gallery 1 and point of sale systems including end of day reporting.
- Solicit visitor feedback to share with staff.
- Expeditiously communicate gallery, retail, and/or visitor issues or needs to the appropriate staff.
Membership and Retail Support (20%)
- Process memberships and sales of retail merchandise through Point of Sale Systems.
- Keep di Rosa visitor information, program collateral, and membership materials properly updated
and neatly displayed
- Maintain displays and stock in Retail areas.
Gallery Management (10%)
- Open and close galleries promptly as scheduled in cooperation with Facilities crew.
- Turn on appropriate lighting and power for artwork as needed.
- Open and/or close the electronic front gate in accordance with public open hours and as needed
for deliveries and special visitors.
- Provide support and information for gallery volunteers.
- Report any artwork concerns to the Exhibition and Collection Manager
Education and Civic Engagement Departmental Support (10%)
- Stay informed about di Rosa programs and events so as to communicate the appropriate
information to the public
- Other Duties as assigned
- 2 years in the visitor services trade on a large campus
- Dependable, punctual, courteous, discrete, and possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work weekends and occasional nights and holidays as necessary
- Ability to work well independently; proven resourcefulness and a problem solver
- Interest or background in the arts strongly preferred
Working Conditions: Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature. Must possess a car and
valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends
Physical Demands: The Visitor Services Representative position requires an ability to stand, walk,
move and remain active consistently and for lengthy periods. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to perform
routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
To Apply, Please Provide the Following:
- Resume with education, employment history, and contact information for 3 references