Administrative Office AssistantDrayton Foods
This position under supervision is responsible for the support of Research & Development groups in the areas of new product development product improvement cost reduction product maintenance R&D lab operations and maintenance sensory testing and technical support.
- Prepares experimental formulas or processing techniques and specifications with guidance from scientists or engineers.
- Validates cooking instructions or other product documentation according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Documents sensory attributes reconstitution methods and time.
- Assists with sensory testing by preparing ingredients subassemblies or finished goods according to instructions and assist in the documentation of results.
- Responsible for data collection observations and documentation of test results during plant test runs and production start up.
- Maintains bench top and pilot lab operations inventory records retained samples project related ingredients and other relevant performance data.
- Keeps lab areas pilot lab annex and equipment clean and operational according to cleaning and operational instructions.
- Maintains operational status of instruments.
- Notifies engineering maintenance or equipment suppliers of necessary calibration or repairs.
- Arranges for repair and calibration.
- Maintains records and reconciles expense receipts and purchase orders.
- Documents all relevant project information summaries and conclusions according to established procedures and reports and documents potential problems.
- Prepares and ships ingredients subassemblies and finished goods according to request and instructions.
- Prepares samples for evaluation by the project team R&D Leadership Marketing Focus Groups and even customers.
- Assist and conducts current and competitive product tear-downs.
- Facilitates creation of photos for elegance pictures and visual factory for new product and subassembly specifications.
- Validates output with food scientist.
- Facilitate photo shoot requests.
- Gather ingredients ship product enter planogram details validate planogram with food scientist and coordinate with stylist on arrival of components.
- Analyzes problems and makes recommendations utilizing experience and knowledge.
- Engages in the evaluation of existing formulas and processes identifies product improvement opportunities and recommend solutions to management Controls costs and identifies cost savings opportunities in lab operations Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
High school diploma or equivalent. Years of Related Experience: 0-4 years related experience.
Basic to intermediate communication and interpersonal skills; Basic to intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; Basic to intermediate problem-solving skills according to a position. Basic to intermediate mathematical skills including algebra percentage fractions and word problems; ability work with simple worksheets; ability to operate R&D laboratory instruments and basic R&D lab and pilot plant equipment; ability to taste and ingest any type of food product currently under development.
What we want to do for you
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
Profit-Sharing based on company results
Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
Employee discounts on company products
Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already…
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.