Medical ReceptionistFRANK BUSH MD PC
Manchester based large pediatric practice seeking a friendly and organized Medical Receptionist to join our growing healthcare team.
Monday through Friday, full-time
8:00 am – 5:00pm
In this role, as part of the front desk healthcare coordinator team your primary job duties will include but not limited to:
- Greeting patients and visitors when they arrive.
- Assisting patient with the check-in process of verifying insurance on file is accurate and patient demographics are current. Updating necessary information and forms. Collect & post co-pays/ patient balances
- High volume of phone calls that will include, scheduling appointments appropriately, taking complete messages, fielding to appropriate staff member if urgent.
- Ensure any follow-up appointments are scheduled before the patient leaves the office
- Preparing charges for upcoming days
- Completing patient/insurance communication such as but not limited to: School/camp forms, school notes, etc.
- Balance and close payment batch at the end of each day
- Checking fax machine, putting correspondence in correct location in office
- Maintaining an organized office space
- Working specific scheduling tasks/reports
- Communicate with co-workers and providers to keep the office moving efficiently.
- Confirming appointments
- Maintaining waiting room area (purging old magazines, marketing materials left by drug reps)
- Work half day on occasional Saturdays
- Other special duties & projects
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant or in a relevant role
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Friendly disposition
- Paid time off, 401k, health insurance