Meals on Wheels CoordinatorGF Senior Center
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm. Hours are somewhat flexible.
Education: none specified
Wage: $16.21 hour; full time with benefits
This position performs a variety of tasks while coordinating the Meals on Wheels program at the Grand Forks Senior Center.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Meals on Wheels program to deliver hot and frozen meals to approximately 125 homebound individuals in the city of Grand Forks
- Develop & maintain meal delivery routes as needed
- Recruit, train & oversee volunteer drivers
- Accurately input entrée choices, meal delivery dates and cancellations into myseniorcenter computer program
- Oversee communication and correspondence with clients and family members, including initial information and eligibility screening, daily phone calls, monthly client statements and payment questions
- Bag weekly and holiday frozen meal requests as needed
- Work with Public Relations and Development staff to provide public relations and delivery experiences to community members, UND students and others
- Make referrals to MOW/HDM Service Coordinator as needed for assessments and client issues.
- Computer and basic math skills are required with the ability to learn additional computer programs. A high rate of accuracy is a must for the data entry portion of this job.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are a must. The ability to communicate in a clear concise manner in an oral as well as written format is essential. Fluency of the English language is required.
- Must have the ability to handle customer and volunteer requests and complaints in a calm, tactful, skillful and friendly manner. Must be kind and understanding of clients with mental confusion and physical disabilities.
- Experience in program management and working with senior citizens is preferred.
- This program is front and center for our flagship Meals on Wheels program and must be clean, friendly, upbeat and accommodating at all times. Interactions will cover all races, income levels and mental abilities.
Position advertising closes on February 17th at 5 pm.