Lead Software EngineerH & R Block
Lead Software Engineer
Responsible to provide technical expertise to design, develop and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block’s business applications. Provide a lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team by developing, supporting and maintaining the development environment. Engage in the development and support of applications related to AMS Development to include: implementation of applications, addressing technical, functional and production deployment issues. Provide issue resolution during unit acceptance testing, production deployment and production issues. Provide cross functional and technical support for AMS Development tools, web and desktop software development, software configuration and release processes. Develop web, desktop and CRM applications in AMS. Coordinate with offshore and onsite teams for effective development and support. Provide guidance and training to lower level staff and internal users.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
Eight years of experience in application development to include:
- Short-term and long-range strategic planning, systems analysis and design
- Software development life cycle
- C# .Net, ASP .Net, ADO .Net, and MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Technical application analysis and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System, Tortoise SVN, Soap UI Tool, ServiceNow, Windows and Linux operating systems
Four years of which must include:
- Customer Relationship Management domain
- Kana Enterprise CRM tool, Kana Enterprise Customer Experience Designer(CED), Kana CRM Web Services, and Kana Enterprise Administrator Tool
- Kombea ProtoCall CSO support tool
- Latitude Debt Management software
- Business domains: CSO/Customer Support, Large Client Acquisition, Product Pricing, Tax Research, Access Management, Coupon Administration, and Compensation
About H&R Block
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.