Senior Software EngineerH & R Block
Senior Software Engineer
Provide technical expertise to design and develop software components and products that support H&R Block business applications. Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year-over-year product functionality and enhancements. Design, develop and maintain complex software components. Create new modules and extend existing modules of multi-tiered applications using C#. Create back end services and front-end systems using WCF and SOA architecture. Conduct code reviews with developers to assure all required patterns and practices are correctly followed. Assure projects are correctly maintained and updated in the version control system. Create, maintain and execute complex unit tests and alpha test plans. Create and maintain documentation of design approaches. Create and maintain documentation on internal architecture of the system and provides direction in architectural changes in the system. Mentor and coach other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field.
Five years of IT experience to include:
- Short-term and long-range planning, budgeting, systems analysis and design, systems development life cycle, and web development.
- Web application development in ASP.Net C#, using web forms and MVC framework.
- Web service development using WCF (Windows Communication Foundation framework).
- Java Script, jQuery, Ajax, JSON, HTML5, CSS3.
- Database development using SQL Server Management Studio, TSQL and Oracle DB.
- ORM tools which includes Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL.
- UI Responsive web development [Bootstrap], Cross browser compatibility.
- Iterative, Agile (SCRUM) methodologies and Waterfall.
- Version Control – TFS.
Two years of which must include:
- Continuous Integration and Deployment using VSTS GIT.
- Rest based service development using ASP.NET Web API.
- Windows based application development using WPF Framework.
- UI development using Angular JS, Knockout JS.
- Content Management Systems.
About H&R Block
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.