Scientific Communications ManagerKeystone Symposia
Scientific Communications Manager
Keystone Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology is currently seeking an experienced full-time year-round Scientific Communications Manager to help develop and curate the scientific content designed to drive awareness, engagement and registrations to our face-to-face conferences as well as other core initiatives. The ideal candidate will leverage a solid scientific communication background in digital and traditional platforms to engage our diverse community, prospective attendees, and key stakeholders. Qualified candidates will offer an advanced degree in a life science discipline plus equivalent work experience, PhD preferred.
Keystone Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology seeks an experienced scientific communicator to help develop and curate the scientific content designed to drive awareness, engagement and registrations to our face-to-face conferences as well as other core initiatives. The ideal candidate will leverage a solid scientific communication background in digital and traditional platforms to engage our diverse community, prospective attendees, and key stakeholders.
The Scientific Communication Manager is a member of the Communications Group and reports to the Senior Director, Communications.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Senior Director, Communications and the rest of the Communications Group to create and coordinate a multi-channel strategic communication plan to increase registration to our conferences, advance the organization’s key messages, increase engagement among communities of interest, and educate and inform key audiences about Keystone Symposia products and services.
- Working closely with the Chief Scientific Officer and the Director of Program Development and Implementation to effectively reach awareness, engagement and registration goals for each face-to-face conference.
- Liaising with the Development Group to support fundraising and awareness campaigns.
- Regularly engaging with meeting organizers to conceptualize and initiate campaigns to optimize the awareness of their conferences.
- Serving as the main contact for scientific journals, societies and other scientific partner organizations.
- Helping further develop the Virtual Keystone Symposia (VKS) initiative.
- Developing and managing an editorial calendar of marketing-related content for the organization across departments; coordinates the dissemination of the information.
- Creating summaries of scientific research accomplishments of our conference attendees, KS Fellows, Board members, and other KS-affiliated researchers towards creating documents that will build a case for individual fundraising.
- Assisting in the creation and execution of an overall public relations strategy that increases awareness of Keystone Symposia’s mission, and helps drive audience engagement while leveraging tactics specific to campaign-based marketing, advertising, digital and social media, etc.
- Responsible for the curation and creation of all scientific content in all relevant marketing channels, including but not limited to print, social media, online, email, PR and events.
- Helping develop a content strategy designed to raise brand awareness among multiple physical and digital touch points.
- Serving as the co-editor, along with the Senior Director, Communications, of Keystone Symposia’s blog and other engagement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.