Municipal Accounting Clerklyon township
Municipal Accounting Clerk, Charter Township of Lyon
The Charter Township of Lyon is accepting applications for a full-time Municipal Accounting Clerk position.
Maintain detailed accounting records of the Township utilizing the Uniform Chart of Accounts prescribed by the State Treasurer. Prepare and maintain accounting journals and ledgers as assigned to reflect the assets, liabilities, fund equities, revenues and expenditures for each fund of the Township. Prepare and maintain reports using methods of governmental accounting. The position also will administer payroll, work with employee benefit program and personnel files.
1. Associates Degree or equivalent in accounting.
2. Two years accounting experience, municipal accounting preferred.
3. Experience in use of municipal accounting software desirable.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, copy equipment, calculator and other applicable office environment equipment.
5. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds to waist high level.
6. Must be able to stand for at least an hour at a time.
7. The position requires skills necessary to effectively interact and maintain a working relationship with co-workers and vendors. The candidate must be able to interact with the staff and general public to respond to inquiries. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in all situations.