McClatchy is looking for a talented individual to join our Digital Audience Development Team as our Retention Manager. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the communities across the country, read on!
As our Retention Manager you will focus on managing all aspects of digital customer retention and vendor relations for the purpose of decreasing customer churn. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving stop goals by consistently monitoring and refining our customer journey flow to enhance our customer experience.
Location: This position may be located in our Sacramento or Raleigh office.
- Partner with the Customer Service and Product teams to identify and resolve any technical issues that may affect our customer experience.
- Supervise, motivate, and educate call center representatives, answering questions and resolving problems to decrease call center stop percentages.
- Utilize all available customer churn data to initiate programs aimed at reducing customer stop percentage
- Troubleshoot website and app issues
- Monitors the vendor relationships responsible for overall retention performance, productivity and efficiency
- Responsible for data extracts and list management which are provided to vendors for various outbound campaigns
- Work with Email Operations Manager to execute retention email campaigns
- Develop & continually optimizing onboarding campaigns based on start types.
- Develop & continually optimize campaigns to increase customer engagement.
- Work within the Adobe Marketing Stack (AAM / Campaign / Analytics / Experience) to determine ways to create multimedia campaigns that increase engagement and increase retention.
- Create and continually optimize campaigns to increase activation percentage among print combo subscribers.
- Work with newsrooms to develop partnerships around engagement initiatives
- Develop and maintain reports and analysis to measure sales, retention & marketing performance and market response.
- Performs all budgeting functions for the department and operates within the department financial budgets.
- Ensure consistency across all customer communication
- Bachelor’s degree OR or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years' supervisory experience in Audience, specializing in customer service and problem resolution
- Experience with managing outside vendor relationships