Teacher of the Emotionally Impairedmecosta-osceola isd
The Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School District is accepting applications for a Teacher of the
Located at the Big Rapids Middle school (Full Time School Year Position).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Instruct students in academic subjects and social interaction skills.
2. Develop instructional objectives for individual students.
3. Document and evaluate the progress of students.
4. Implement positive behavior supports for students.
5. Prepare written reports and evaluations as needed/required.
6. Evaluate and direct the paraprofessional(s) under his/her immediate supervisor.
7. Respond to parent/caregiver(s) concerns as part of the therapeutic milieu.
8. Participate in IEP meetings when appropriate and know the process.
9. Knowledge of and ability to write/implement FBAs and BIPs.
10. Participate as a team member on curriculum and staff development committees.
11. Participate as a team member to plan programs designed to promote the social, educational and
physical development of students.
12. Contribute, in a positive manner, to the overall quality and operation of the program.
13. Organize time, energy and workload to meet responsibilities and complete assignments with due
consideration of priorities among various responsibilities.
14. Assume responsibility to transport self to assigned worksite(s) and maintain regular and
15. Must pass a criminal history background investigation conducted by the Michigan State Police (MSP) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
16. Build positive relationship with ISD and LEA Staff
17. Perform other related duties assigned by the Director of Special Education or designee
Compensation commensurate with credential and level of experience - based on current MOISD-EA contract
Interested applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, transcripts, certifications and references to:
Mark R. Klumpp
Intermediate School District
15760 190th Avenue,
Big Rapids, MI 49307