TellerMerchants Bank Winona
At Merchants Bank, your job isn’t just another bank position…it's being part of a dedicated team. Looking for a rewarding career with competitive benefits, an emphasis on giving back to the community, and growth opportunities? Join us.
If you love giving customer service in a professional atmosphere and have great attention to detail skills this is the job for you! Merchants Bank, Hastings, has an opening for an outgoing part-time Teller.
Generally 15-20 hours/week. Hours will vary between noon – 6 pm during the week and 3 Saturday mornings/month. We are looking for someone that is friendly, outgoing, a quick learner, and team player.
Previous customer service and cash handling skills preferred. In this position, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, cross selling products and services, and processing all types of banking transactions.
This position is considered one of our most critical front-line customer contact positions, as our customers have direct contact with tellers for 85% of all their banking transactions. Tellers are responsible for all cash-related transactions, in addition to transactions involving paper documents. The position requires good basic, general knowledge of all banking operations.
Customer Service (Internal and External):
- Tellers play a vital role in providing service. For many customers, tellers are their primary contact with the bank. Customer Service is measured by the degree to which the teller provides excellent service to customers and maintains constructive relationships with co-workers to ensure a more positive working atmosphere.
- Acknowledges customers’ presence promptly with a “come on in” feeling and aware of their surroundings and engaged in what is occurring.
- Sets aside their other work when customers approach.
- Exchanges a greeting, smiles, and calls the customer by name.
- Listens carefully to the customers’ requests, makes eye contact, clarifies facts and summarizes needs.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm in handling customers’ transactions.
- Explains banking procedures to customers in understandable terms avoiding bank jargon.
- Assists customers in the completion of bank forms, tickets, etc.
- Politely refers customers to a Customer Service Representative when necessary.
- Thanks the customer by name for their business and offers further assistance.
- Anticipates customer traffic and plans accordingly to ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently.
- Seeks assistance and guidance from co-workers in a timely and polite manner.
- Cooperates with others and is effective in establishing working relationships.
- Makes suggestions/referrals to enhance customer relationships.
- Offers hospitality to waiting customers.
We are always looking for people who will thrive in a financial career and will help us carry out our mission:
To be customer-centric... growing our people, our customer base and shareholder value by being "the best"!
To Customers... To build loyal and mutually profitable customer relationships through consistently exceptional personal service.
To Employees... To create and maintain an environment that promotes and rewards contribution, accountability, initiative and teamwork.
To Our Communities... To help make each community we serve a better place in which to live and work through corporate reinvestment and the support of employee community involvement.
To Shareholders... To obtain long-term shareholder value through quality growth and financial performance in the upper third or higher of our peer group.
Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.