We are working to change health care for the better, and looking for experienced, dynamic professionals who want a job that makes a difference. Midland Care is a growth-oriented, not-for-profit organization with nearly 40 years of experience in health care.
Midland Care is growing and looking for experienced Staff Recruiter in Topeka, who wants to help us to change health care for the better.
Midland Care Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
Health insurance for single/spouse/child(ren)/family-Company meets the partial deductible
Dental Plan & Vision Plan
Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA) *
Prescription Drug Plan & Free Health/Rx Discount Card
Aflac Supplemental Insurance *
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Extended Medical Leave & Bereavement Leave (Up to 10 paid days)
Holiday pay (Six holidays per year)
403(b) ERISA Retirement Plan, match provided *
Free group life and AD&D insurance of $20,000
Optional voluntary life at group rates
Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for ALL employees and dependents *
Optional long-term care insurance
Corporate Discounts including Findables, local and regional restaurants, and attractions
Paid monthly volunteer time at non-profit organizations
Employee recognition by discipline, annual dinner and KUDOS Program
On-site education center to provide CPR Certification and classes that assist in the development and obtaining some CEU credits
Leadership Training Program
Family/Social activities (Fall festival, etc.)
The purpose of this position is to manage the recruitment process, filling vacancies as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Typical Hours of Employment: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and executes dynamic recruitment activities to hire the best possible candidates in a resource-efficient and timely manner.
- Actively works to keep number of vacancies as low as possible.
- Maintains HR pages on the company’s website.
- Partners with supervisors to write interview questions based on a behavioral-based interviewing model.
- Models use of behavioral-base interviewing techniques so as to instruct supervisors on how to use same.
- Provides additional training in interviewing techniques as may be needed, either in a group setting or one-on-one.
- Participates as a member of interview panels. Ensures that one HR staff member participates on every interview panel if requested.
- Maintains metrics or develops new metrics for tracking efficiency of the hiring process. Based on the data, recommends improvements as needed.
- Attends job fairs and promotes employment at Midland Care.
- Develops professional relationships with university or program instructors in order to access graduates of programs in disciplines employed at Midland Care.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Required: Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets the organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. The availability of reliable transportation is required for this position. One year of experience in an HR-related position OR a Bachelors’s degree from an accredited university in business with an HR emphasis, human resources, or related field.
Preferred: Two years of experience in recruiting with proven success.
Work is in a typical office environment. Because of the campus-like setting may walk between buildings. May need to travel to other company locations. May be required to lift boxes of paper or materials, cases of soda pop or bottled water. May carry display equipment and supplies to/from a job fair location. Duties may require extended periods of sitting or standing. May require lifting, pushing, and/or pulling containers of 10 lbs. or more.
Individual must wear appropriate business attire and spends virtually all of the time inside.
Midland Care offers a full continuum of health care services focused on helping people age in our community safely and with dignity. Please consider joining our team!
A tobacco and drug-free environment. EOE