Public Housing Coordinator
The Public Housing Coordinator is responsible for the administration of DHCD and HUD regulations governing the Massachusetts State Aided Public Housing and Federal Public Housing programs with regard to applicants and program participants. Work is performed in conformance with applicable regulations, statutes, and housing authority policies and procedures. The Authority maintains 288 state-aided public housing units and 65 federal elderly housing units, as well as the MRVP and Section 8 voucher programs.
4. Supervision Received.
This position receives direct supervision from the Director of Public Housing.
5. Principal Duties
• Maintaining and administering a caseload of state-aided Public Housing and federally funded Public
Housing as assigned, in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and the MHA’s administrative plans and policies, including but not limited to processing applications, maintaining
waitlists, leasing apartments, calculating rent redeterminations, lease enforcement, processing rent
payments, and entering work orders.
• Provide information to Director of Public Housing as required for DHCD and HUD reporting purposes.
• General reception duties including greeting walk-ins, answering incoming calls, daily distribution of mail and processing of bulk mailings.
• Applicant and Participant Intake / Outreach: answer inquires; explain the public housing program(s) and waiting list, assist applicants in completing the application process.
• Other duties as assigned.
6. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Become and remain familiar with the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to federal and state funded rental assistance programs administered by the MHA.
• Respect and sensitivity to the challenges faced by individual and/or families with low income, housing instability, persons with disabilities, and elders.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Demonstrated success in working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office including excel, word, outlook and teams.
• Ability to adapt to and learn new computer software.
• Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
• Knowledge of federal/state public housing management and/or property management.
7. Suggested Training/Experience
Ideal candidate will possess two (2) to four (4) years of experience in property management office. Familiarity
with PHA-Web software; training and knowledge in areas of federal and state public housing; landlord/tenant
law; and a knowledge of property management practices a plus. Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation is required. An associate’s degree in Business/Public Administration, human services, or related course of study is desirable. Bilingual is a plus.
The selected candidate will undergo a pre-employment a criminal (CORI) background check and drug screen.
The Milford Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer and qualified Section 3 residents, minorities,
women, handicapped, veterans and all others are encouraged to apply.
Send resume with cover letter to:
Milford Housing Authority, 45 Birmingham Court, Milford, MA, 01757, or e-mail to by email from clicking "apply" to this posting.
No phone calls please.