Financial Services Representative
Financial Services Representative for Nationwide Retirement Solutions
This position is responsible for providing exposure to both Sales and Service for New York Deferred Compensation Plan. Duties include assisting customers with asset allocation, investment guidance, and Plan specific information.
Successful candidates should possess:
Provide prompt efficient service for assigned product and/or service center internal and external customers. Consults and interprets contract provisions for current and past products and assumed business for policyholders, agents/brokers and other Enterprise operating units.
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assign to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
- Receives and responds to incoming customer/agent/employer inquiries.
- Communicates with customers, field staff, service centers, internal/external sales support and other industry companies through oral and written communication.
- Assists customers with financial transactions.
- Maintains current knowledge of contract and product provisions and administration of the Plan, and the processing systems related.
- Resolves routine errors requiring corrective processing.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify situations that require advanced technical knowledge or exception processing, and refers the situation to a Supervisor.
- Processes monetary transactions according to policy provisions with assigned limits.
- Reviews, researches, and interprets records and reports to accurately make decisions.
- Decision making skill necessary for customer contacts.
- Ability to identify and evaluate problems and analyze customer inquiries and determines appropriate action.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Normal office environment with minimal physical requirements. Must be able to work overtime outside of regular office hours as needed and Nationwide holidays that the New York Stock Exchange is open.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Please send resume to Amy Marquise via email to MARQUA1@nationwide.com
Office Location: 385 Jordan Rd, Troy, NY 12180
We will also be attending the Times Union Job Fair at the Albany Marriott on October 1pm-4pm. Come visit our booth to meet us, learn more and apply in person!