Nodak Electric Cooperative, Inc.
4000 32nd Ave. S, Grand Forks, ND 58201
The Receptionist greets all visitors in person or on the telephone, provides administrative support and handles cash transactions.
Goals and Objectives:
The Receptionist provides members and public with a positive member-service experience during phone and in person visits, creating a feeling of goodwill toward the cooperative. An employee filling this role is expected to meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Member & Visitor Services:
1. Greets and determines needs of members and public visiting Nodak Electric offices. Notifies, escorts, or directs visitors to the proper person or department for desired information and/or assistance.
2. Operates telephone switchboard - responsible for the prompt answering and accurate routing of incoming calls in a professional manner. Keeps supervisor apprised of any problems that may develop in equipment, routing procedures, or in any other related area that may adversely affect the quality of service.
3. Assist office visitors with completion of Application for Membership and Electric Service form.
4. Serves as first response for general information requests, member programs such as auto-pay, new member Applications, security deposits, and billing questions-balance/usage inquiries/auto-pay setups/changes.
5. Distribute completed applications received in-person or via website submission to member service representatives.
6. Opens and organizes payments and mail as directed.
7. Creates service orders to repair/install and bill outdoor lighting.
8. Collect parking lot payment drop box contents at beginning and end of each business day.
9. Collection of in-office payments via cash, check or card. Balancing of payments received and preparing deposit of cash drawer for bank.
1. Verifies transfer of phone system to third-party call center for afterhours calls.
2. Keeps phone/cell phone and radio listings updated.
3. Scanning records into consumer document storage and imaging solution.
4. Provide administrative and clerical support as requested.
5. Performs breakroom duties such as run the dishwasher at end of day, empty dishwasher at beginning of day, make coffee, ensure refrigerator is clean and supplies are stocked.
6. Run errands.
7. Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager.
• Must possess excellent communications skills, both writing and speaking, organizational skills and computer skills to perform assigned duties.
• Reason and make decisions, based on matters at hand.
• Express thoughts, ideas, and information in a clear and precise manner.
• Project a positive image of the Cooperative to members, employees, board of directors, and the community.
• Maintain confidentiality of cooperative, board, staff, and membership information.
• Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence using correct English and well-modulated voice.
• Possess well-developed organization skills, demonstrate attention to detail, exhibit strong time-management skills, ability to type minimum 50 words per minute, ability to multitask, and be punctual.
• Requires mathematical development sufficient to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, apply fractions, and percentages.
• Compute and record numbers correctly.
• Follow procedures for keeping records.
• Use eye, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms and operate a calculator or personal computer. Perform work that is routine and detailed. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to talk, hear, listen, sit, stand, walk, reach, left, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Possess ability to withstand prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. Specific vision capabilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write, and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgement for confidential or sensitive information/issues.
Work Environment/Location: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors at the corporate headquarters in Grand Forks, ND. Limited travel is expected.
Licenses or Certifications Required or Preferred
Valid driver's license preferred
Job Qualification Standards
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Certificate or A.A.S. in customer service, office management, or related field preferred.
• Minimum one year of experience in customer service role or in related field.
• Organizational: Safety, integrity, teamwork, innovation, and reliability.
• Job: Approachability, customer/member focus, functional/technical skills, organizing, time management.
• Specific Skills: Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Closing date for this position is Friday, March 24, 2023
Nodak Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a member-owned electricity provider serving homes, businesses, and industrial accounts in all or parts of Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina, Ramsey, Steele, Traill, Walsh, Eddy, Griggs, Benson, Cass, Cavalier, and Barnes counties.
Nodak Electric Cooperative is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.
Nodak Electric Cooperative is a Drug Free Workplace.
Pre-employment background checks may be conducted.