Business & Accounting Specialist
About NESC: The Northeast Service Cooperative helps build, sustain and recreate rural infrastructure and enterprise. Nationally recognized as a leader in innovation - including education, technology, health care and economic development - NESC serves member schools, cities, counties, health providers, government agencies, service agencies, development authorities and others (Minnesota Statute 123A.21). An independent, regional, public initiative, NESC develops and delivers its services through collaboration between and among staff, members, and colleagues as well as public and private partners.
Under general supervision, reviews, processes and maintains records, databases and written materials through the selection and use of various procedures. Computes, classifies, and records numerical data to keep financial records complete. Performs any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records and billing procedures. Checks the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. Performs other duties within fiscal services as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package with employer-sponsored group health/dental insurance, paid time off, and pension plan (based upon eligibility). Annual salary based on education and work experience ($50,000 range).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for fostering member engagement, promoting productive interactions among all contacts, strengthening regional service delivery, and developing new service opportunities at the Northeast Service Cooperative.
- Reviews, processes, and maintains records as assigned
- Computes, classifies, records, and reports data to keep financial records timely, accurate, complete, and organized
- Utilizes applications, databases and web-based solutions for records and reports
- Communicates with internal staff as well as local, regional, and state contacts
- Assists with month-end and year-end close and assists in preparation for fiscal audits
- Delivers on time reporting to appropriate staff and offers suggestions for quality improvement
- Provides support and coordination as assigned for one or more general functions within fiscal services directly or assisting with payables, receivables, compliance, payroll, budgets, banking, data entry, etc.
- Maintains Excel spreadsheets, performs double checks, and aids others in support of the department’s goals
- Assists with cooperative programs, maintains communication lists, and disburses information.
- Provides support for NESC projects/initiatives which may or may not be related to fiscal services
- Perform within the parameters set by board authority including agency mission, policies,
- planning, budgets, and executive management
- Perform other duties as requested, required, and/or assigned
- Adheres to separation of duties, quality control standards, and HIPAA compliance
Qualifications (specific training and/or job experience required):
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary school with a certificate or degree in administration, business, accounting, finance, math/statistics, human resources, insurance or related field or demonstrated career experience in related field
- Minimum two years’ relevant work experience in a full-time business environment, public sector preferred
- Demonstrated experience in business office practices, procedures, and skill sets
- Demonstrated experience in business software, Excel, applications and web solutions for all related work, experience in Quickbooks desired
- Strong, balanced set of math, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated communications and/or human relations skills
- Experience in working with Service Cooperatives and/or related education agencies preferred
- Special skills in accounting, math, statistics, reporting and/or analysis preferred
- Access to personal or public transportation available for business use
Click Apply by noon, January 31, 2022
to send your resume and cover letter.