Outreach Services Specialist - OAS Intermediate #36703Northland Community & Technical College
Notice of vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates.
Outreach Services Specialist - OAS Intermediate
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/31/2019
Closing Date: 11/18/2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / Thief River Falls
Division/Unit: Workforce Development Solutions (WDS)/ Farm Business Management (FBM)
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (classified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Some, between campuses
Salary Range: $16.85 - $22.34/hourly $35,183 - $46,646/Annually
Job Class Option: 003628 (61L)
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union 260 - AFSCME
Work Area: Customized Training
Location: Thief River Falls
FLSA Status: Non-Excempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job ID: 36703
The Outreach Services Specialist position exists to serve as first point of contact for the Workforce Development Solutions (WDS), Northland Community and Technical College (NCTC). Facilitates daily office operations, promotes credit and hour-based training, facilitates student registration, provides record keeping, assists in managing accounts receivable and payable, and coordinates communication between customers and department staff. Provides administrative support to the Director of Workforce Development, instructors/coordinators, facilitators, and sub-contractors. This position works in collaboration with and is an integral member of the WDS and Farm Business Management (FBM) teams. Maintains a client sensitive, market driven, quality focused and revenue-based orientation at all times.
Principle Responsibilities and Results:
1. Process paperwork per standard operating procedures for Fire, Mind Safety & Health Administration (MSHA), Digi-Key, Polaris, Farm Business Management (FBM) and other projects such as motorcycle training and continuing education classes.
2. Provide administrative support duties and coordination to enhance services to students, employees and businesses the WDS and FBM Department serves. Handling non-routine inquiries, providing information to clients and communicating orally and in writing to the inquiries. This position also works closely with training coordinators to organize training sessions, from registration through course completion.
3. Maintain departmental files and student records to ensure accuracy.
4. Enter information into rST or ISRS for the department's student online registration system. Ensure invoicing and third party billing clients is completed in a timely and accurate manner in conjunction with the Business Office.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
* Word processing sufficient to use software to create, format, edit, print and save a variety of documents
* Computer software applications to create spreadsheets from a variety of sources and compile lists and spreadsheets
* Math, accounting practices and bookkeeping sufficient to independently calculate and maintain accurate and records and resolve discrepancies.
* Database management to sufficiently collect, compile, maintain and present data from multiple databases.
* Use customer service skills on the phone, in person and online to provide effective support to customers.
* Communicate in English sufficient to speak, read, understand and respond to written and spoken communication with customers
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* Knowledge of specialized programs such as Integrated Statewide Records System (ISRS) or r-School Today (rST).
* Knowledge of program specific criteria in various credit based Certificate programs offered through Workforce Development Solutions (WDS) and Farm Business Management (FBM).
* Ability to research costs and make purchases to stay within annual office supply budget.
* Ability to research industry specific data for customized training reports.
Required Assessments: To be given after selected for an interview.
* Word Processing - Basic
* Spreadsheets - Basic
* Math - General
Why work for us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a great benefits package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Contact: If you have questions about the position, contact Colleen at email@example.com or 218.793.2407.
Application deadline: Monday, November 18, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.