Loan Processor - Portfolio TeamRepublic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Loan Processor is responsible for processing approved retail loan requests using an automated software system. Additionally, this position is also responsible for working closely with the lending staff to process loan applications in an efficient and timely manner within compliance guidelines. The Loan Processor will complete more advanced loan processing tasks in support of the loan processing department.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 2 years mortgage loan processing experience required.
• Blend and Byte system experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) and Internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for setting up and analyzing all incoming loan files to ensure we have the appropriate documentation.
• Calculate income and asset information required by LP/DU feedback.
• Process incoming mail/email on a daily basis; determine how each piece affects the loan request.
• Responsible for HMDA and CRA reporting.
• Follow-up with lending officer on outstanding issues that need to be cleared.
• Responsible for processing the application fee in a timely manner.
• Coordinate external activities with the title companies, appraiser, insurance agents, and surveyors.
• Complete daily follow up on files to ensure receipt of all necessary documentation.
• Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform periodic self-assessments including corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interactions with associates and supervisor.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency; ability to work with situations on a “rush” notice.
• Strong attention to detail & organizational skills.
• Excellent ability to deal with clients issues, questions and/or complaints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand and walk. The associate occasionally may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.