911 Dispatch SupervisorSummit County Government
911 Dispatch Supervisor
Position duties include but are not limited to:
Supervising, scheduling, and evaluating 911 Center personnel; Preparation of dispatch policies, directives, and procedures and training programs; Assures compliance with departmental, state, and federal regulations and guidelines; Participates in personnel selection, testing, and screening of applicants; makes recommendations on hiring, disciplinary action, and termination.
High school graduate or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum one year dispatching experience if in-house trained; three years minimum experience if from another agency; two years relevant supervisory experience preferred. Working knowledge of law enforcement, fire, and EMS procedures and practices. Thorough knowledge of computer systems and their application to Public Safety Communications.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of shift personnel.
- Supervising, scheduling, and evaluating 911 Center personnel.
- Preparation of dispatch policies, directives, and procedures.
- Assures compliance with departmental, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Participates in personnel selection, testing, and screening of applicants; makes recommendations on hiring, disciplinary action, and termination; and assists with performance evaluations of 911 Center personnel.
- Participates in the development of the training program, including the training of new dispatchers and ongoing training for current dispatchers; assists in maintaining records on training of all dispatchers; makes recommendations for additional or specialized training; and provides training on standard policies and procedures, effective use of equipment and resources, etc. Perform QI on incidents.
- Recommends and assists in developing new programs for the Communications Center, monitors the success of these programs, and recommends changes as needed to ensure the effectiveness of the 911 Center.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.