Software Architect (JAVA) #R012174The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc
Software Architect (JAVA) (Multiple Openings)
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. has multiple openings for Software Architect (Java) in Pittsburgh, PA. Participate in all aspects of PNC's C&IB Treasury Payments MIS organization activities.
Specific duties include:
- (i) work with business stakeholders to elicit business goals and quality requirements that act as design drivers;
- (ii) review and evaluate designs to determine satisfaction of requirements and design drivers and for compliance to standards;
- (iii) work along with a strong design thinking team and be an expert in using technology to advocate for the customer;
- (iv) design a system using Design patterns with Secure, Scalable, Reusable, Maintainable and Quality aspects;
- (v) lead development teams through the software development life cycle;
- (vi) maintain and evolve the architectures of existing systems;
- (vii) establish design and coding standards and best practices;
- (viii) perform code reviews for adherence to standards and best practices;
- (ix) perform Application Programming Interface (API) development, Application Security, and Performance Analysis and Tuning; and
- (x) perform governance of development teams to insure implementations are in accordance with high level design and established standards and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 5 years of experience in a position requiring software architecture design, Java/J2EE application development, and overall software delivery is required.
Must have experience with:
- (i) proposing viable technical solution designs based on specific technology stacks that support user and functional requirements, use cases and business objectives;
- (ii) designing applications using Design patterns and developing reusable components;
- (iii) application development methodologies including waterfall, agile development including SCRUM and Test Driven Development (TDD);
- (iv) Object Oriented design and development;
- (v) DevOps tools to support Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD);
- (vi) mentoring and leading technical team, performing design and code reviews;
- (vii) service oriented architecture and design, including security based implementations;
- (viii) large distributed applications and building highly available system;
- (ix) server-side technologies including Java/J2EE, Spring framework, SOAP and REST web services, and Hibernate;
- (x) web and application server configuration management including Tomcat and WebSphere;
- (xi) UNIX shell scripting;
- (xii) creating design documents using Visio software including component diagrams, UML sequence and class diagrams;
- (xiv) design of relational databases including Oracle, NoSQL including Mongo DB; (xv) unit testing framework including JUnit, Mockito; and
- (xvi) Continuous Integration (CI) tools including Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, SVN, UDeploy, Gradle, and Maven.
40 hours/week, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.