Custodial Supervisor #348044
Full-time with great benefits position with our Facilities Management department.
**THIS IS A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION**
- Interviews, hires, disciplines and assigns work to senior, regular and student custodial employees.
- Assigns work to custodial employees and regularly evaluates employee performance including an annual written evaluation; and provides feedback and training based on evaluation.
- Inspects buildings for proper maintenance and appearance, based on institutional standards.
- Communicates effectively to staff customers, verbally and in writing, the expectations, policies and directives of the department and the University.
- Coordinates work assignments with campus events, schedules and maintenance needs.
- Provides equipment and supplies to staff as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Estimate time, labor and materials cost. Assist in planning and scheduling projects; maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ensures compliance to FM Safety program and other regulations and policies as required.
- Be aware and uphold collective bargaining agreement. Respond to grievances at the first step and consult with HR and management through the grievance resolution.
- Review labor schedules and approve employee work times in Compass payroll.
- Comply with University and FM procedures and requirements to obtain equipment and supplies.
- Works cooperatively with custodial/events team to determine common policies and procedures. Maintains records, writes reports and provides documentation as needed.
- Attends weekly meetings with Operations Manager.
- Forecasts staffing requirements for special events and projects.
- Provides backup for custodial supervisors who are away from work.
- Know, support and adhere to the policies, procedures and equipment of the department, campus and the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work requires repetitive bending, stooping, lifting, load carrying, ascending/descending stairs, ladder climbing, pushing and pulling.
Requires BA/BS with at least 5 years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 9 years. Senior individual contributor who frequently is assigned project leadership roles within a function or similarly-sized organization, usually in the same discipline.
About the Department
UMD Facilities Management supports the academic, research, and service mission of the University of Minnesota Duluth by developing, enhancing, and preserving the physical assets of the campus.
Facilities Management strives to foster and maintain an environment of inclusiveness and respect on the UMD campus. All staff are expected to support Goal 2 of the campus strategic plan, which states, "Create a positive and inclusive campus climate for all by advancing equity, diversity, and social justice."
Benefits of Working at the University:
- At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
- The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Click Apply for all the details to be considered.
Search for Job ID 348044
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons.