Administrative Assistant - Support Specialist
Established in 1887 as a school for the education of American Indians, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke serves a distinctly diverse student body and encourages inclusion and appreciation of the values of all people. Located in the heart of Pembroke, N.C., UNCP boasts an enrollment of 8,200 in 41 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs and offers a personalized learning environment where faculty and staff are dedicated to engaged scholarship, high academic standards, creative activity and public service. Spread over 281 acres, the campus offers a sense of community and belonging–a place where faculty and staff feel supported, take pride in the university’s mission, and are devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to developing leaders who make a difference in their communities.
TIXCC Administrative Support Specialist
Front Desk and Front-Line Representative:
· Serve as the front-line representative of the Office of Title IX & Clery Compliance (TIXCC) and Office of Internal Audit communicating with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and all constituents via in-person drop-ins, telephone calls, or email messages while meeting all office standards, policies, and procedures.
· Staff the front desk and reception area ensuring it is open and ready to serve all clients, advisors, family, etc. during business hours.
· Maintain staff and TIXCC calendars; schedule appointments for director, campus investigator, and other staff members while keeping them informed about schedule changes.
· Monitor reception and office area including front office, waiting area, and office resources displays to ensure the area is organized and easy for clients to access.
· Track, analyze and report client usage statistics (e.g., number of phone calls, email messages, walk-ins and appointments, online management database system (e.g., Maxient) results and website hits on a monthly, semester and annual basis.
· Supervise student staff who are working at the front desk ensuring all clients are served quickly and effectively.
Office of Title IX & Clery Compliance Operations:
· Monitor, inventory, and order office supplies verifying that the correct items have been ordered, delivered, and stocked following all procedural and operational guidelines.
· Research, order, inventory and maintain all office furniture, equipment, and software (e.g., computer, phone and electronic) including processing purchasing documents, verifying order deliveries, confirming correct assembly, testing equipment performance and troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Organize, label, and monitor online shared folders so that they are easy for staff to find and access.
· Reconcile, track, and summarize budget account data, verifying that expenditures are attributed to the appropriate account and line item following Banner guidelines and consulting with Director as needed.
· Troubleshoot faculty, staff, and student questions and issues for online education programs and other compliance issues.
· Research information, collect and analyze data, and prepare reports in collaboration with TIXCC staff.
· Serve as the central administrator for the case management system, Maxient, including oversight for case intake, process, documentation, and analytics; provide Maxient reports as needed.
· Provide and monitor Supportive Measures for faculty, staff, and students as needed and determined by the Director.
· Provide oversight for online employee training on Title IX, the Clery Act, and the Violence Against Women Act, including providing technical assistance and running reports on completion rates.
· Assist with, and attend as needed, on-campus training and educational programs including Freshman and Transfer Student Orientation, New Employee Onboarding, Braves Kickoff, etc. including the planning, promotion, execution, evaluation, and post-event debriefing processes.
· Serves as the primary point of contact for the department’s records and compliance with record retention policies, providing support for records requests.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training / Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.