Extension Program Coordinator
Seeking application for a 4-H/Youth Development Extension Program Coordinator, 100%, Monticello, Piatt County.
Primary Position Function/Summary: The DeWitt/Piatt County 4-H Program Coordinator is an integral position within the Unit 17 Extension Unit. The position will assist/support the DeWitt and Piatt County 4-H/Youth Development Educator in the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the Unit 4-H/Youth Development Program. The position focuses on the expansion of Unit 17's 4-H Program and clubs, to include recruitment and support for members, club leaders, and other support volunteers. The position will focus on carrying the elements of the 4-H program to new audiences through sustained learning experiences in a specific interest area.
- Work with County Extension Director, the 4-H/Youth Development Educator and other staff to identify critical needs and issues relating to 4-H and Youth Development in the Unit.
- Coordinates the planning of 4-H/Youth Development educational activities with 4-H projects and Community Clubs, camps, after school programs, school programs and community service learning in collaboration with the 4-H/Youth Development Educator and County Extension Director.
- Work with the Unit’s Extension Councils and committees as assigned to plan, promote, and implement educational programs. Some specific tasks might include: arranging for facilities and equipment, contacting and confirming instructors, promoting programs via media, developing direct mail pieces, collecting feedback from participants, and preparing reports to describe program accomplishments.
- Coordinates efforts to identify, recruit, train and support 4-H volunteers and members for Unit’s 4-H program.
- Coordinates logistical requirements for meetings and educational programs as required.
- Presents 4-H/Youth Development educational programs as required. Program materials utilized will be developed by Extension Educators and/or Campus Specialists.
- Assists with the development of marketing plans and goals to recruit participants for educational activities and the development of advertising and publicity for those activities.
- Disseminates educational information provided by Extension professionals.
- Conducts evaluations of program activities and recommends continuation, modification, or discontinuance of the program.
- Reports program accomplishments to the Unit 4-H/Youth Development Educator.
- Submits monthly activity reports.
- Participates in relevant professional development opportunities.
- Works with Extension staff as well as other agency professionals and volunteers to facilitate 4-H and Youth Development programming.
- Performs other duties related to Extension 4-H/Youth Development program delivery as assigned.
- Performs other duties that contribute to University of Illinois Extension programming, as assigned.
- Complies with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines.
University of Illinois is an AA/EOE