Clerical PositionWashington Township
Charter Township Of Washington
Supervisor, Community Development & Planning & Zoning Departments Has an opening for a Clerical Position. The person chosen for this full-time position will provide clerical services to the Township Supervisor’s Office, the Community Development Department and the Planning & Zoning Department.
Salary: $33,660.00 - $39,535.00 (Negotiable)
1. Data input from applications in order to issue permits and approval letters.
2. Word processing to complete public notices and any other necessary correspondence.
3. Update and maintain departmental decisions, files and inventory.
4. Assist the public and applicants by answering or directing questions to appropriate personnel.
5. Update and maintain the Township Website as directed (training provided).
6. Assist with accounting invoices and tracking projects.
7. Keep inventory and order supplies as needed and directed by Supervisor and Department Heads.
8. Manage the Calendars and Appointments for the Township Supervisor and the Community Developer Director.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified and can be altered at the sole discretion of the Supervisor.
1. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
3. Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
4. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate reports & records.
5. Ability to effectively communicate and maintain responsive working relationships with employees.
6. “People Skills” are necessary.
Other Beneficial Skills (Not Required): Experience with BS&A Software. General understanding of Planning and Zoning Issues. Basic financial/bookkeeping background (invoicing and balancing accounts). Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.