Circulation Clerkwest bloomfield library
Circulation Clerk Part-time (20 hours per week).
Includes evening and weekend hours (Saturday/Sunday). High school diploma or equivalent. Public service experience required. Library or retail experience preferred.
Job Summary: The Circulation Clerk performs a variety of public service, technical and clerical duties related to the circulation of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Circulates, checks in and renews library materials. Clears daily and holiday book drops.
2. Instructs the public in the use of self-service options, such as checkout stations, renewals, holds and online payments, etc.
3. Troubleshoots problems with department equipment, such as checkout stations and photocopy equipment.
4. Registers new users and renews library cards. Updates user records on the automated system.
5. Accepts cash, checks and credit card payments for fines and fees; operates cash register; performs daily cash routines.
6. Answers telephone and routes incoming calls.
7. Conducts department opening and closing procedures.
8. Maintains hold shelves and processes holds for pick-up.