Customer Service Representative
Yellowstone Valley Electric Cooperative, INC.
Posted on January 26, 2020
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Customer Service Representatives communicate directly with consumers & respond to a variety of consumer needs & requests. CSRs consider resources, constraints, & organizational values as they commit to satisfying consumer needs & resolving consumer issues. CSRs must coordinate with other YVEC employees to find relevant information & take necessary action. CSRs are subject to call monitoring.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Customer Service Representatives are responsible for listening & responding appropriately to consumer needs while reviewing & entering data on computer – this may include accurately entering payments to consumer accounts. CSRs are required to respond professionally & positively to consumer inquiries or complaints either in person or over the phone.
- CSRs are responsible for assisting consumers while using established YVEC policies & procedures.
- Create transfers for consumer accounts either in person or over the phone.
- Responsible for creating service orders for work to be done either by Engineering or Outside Operations
- Explain rates & bill calculations as necessary to inquiring consumers. Perform calculations to determine consumer payments & other account related activity
- May be required to work with Collections department making phone calls & potentially setting up payment arrangement for past due accounts.
- May be required to handle a substantial amount of cash, balance cash drawer & process deposit.
- Support the new construction process through administrative functions, payment processing & service order creation. Assist customers with local permitting requirements & basic construction standards.
- From time to time, CSRs are required to type memos, e-mails, & other correspondence in an accurate & timely manner. Required to scan documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Respond appropriately to internal requests & work across department to ensure processes & procedures are being upheld.
- Respond to emergency situations professionally & accurately by following established policy & procedures.
- Perform all regularly scheduled shifts on time as directed. Occasional weekend, evening or holiday call outs in response to emergency situations.
- Ensure proper entry of time for bi-weekly processing of payroll
- YVEC employees always maintain confidentiality of consumer information which includes any documentation they provide.
- Customer Service employees work in close proximity of fellow workers in a team work environment. High volume office can be a demanding environment at times.
- Meet or exceed performance benchmarks, as determined by YVEC, including time spent at workstation & time engaged with consumer interactions
- Analyze & prioritize workload to ensure that all consumer& business needs are meet in a timely & appropriate manner
- All YVEC employees are required to adhere to company safety standards & the Code of Conduct in the Employee Handbook
- Ensure all actions are consistent with YVEC's values, mission, & business objectives
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree highly desired.
- Extensive experience in customer service and highly proficient in multi-tasking with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to complete successful training program
- Demonstrate & maintain good safety record
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office 365 & other software applications
- Demonstrate and maintain an excellent attendance record
- Provide and maintain valid MT driver's license
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain a harmonious working relationship with all Cooperative employees
- Must become certified in first aid and CPR
- Subject to travel one or two times a year, including over-night stays for training purposes
- Stressful high-volume office environment with some overtime hours as required
- Must have sufficient health to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the job
- Sitting & talking on the phone for extended periods of time
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, or carrying of weight
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance &/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Office Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws & statutes.
Additional Salary Information: $18.00 - $20.00 an hour DOE with room for advancement after completion of probationary period. Position is subject to annual performance and development reviews.